[MD] An ontology with qualities

John Carl ridgecoyote at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 14:12:54 PDT 2015

I dunno, DM.  Don't all ontologies have qualities?  That seems
obvious.  But an ontology OF quality, I do find interesting.  That's
why I appreciate the MoQ.

As for Heil's postivite ontology, I find it lacking.

"For Heil, properties are powers (or dispositions). Properties are
distinguished by their contribution to the causal powers of their
possessors. There are many potential advantages for this approach in
constructing a realist account of ontology and causation."

That move of has been tried and rejected.  Heil adds nothing new.
Reaching for Realism is driven by the urge to placate scientism.
Period.

Glad to discuss it with you, if you'd like.

John C.

--
"finite players
play within boundaries.