[MD] What is Art? (Philosophynow)

ARLO JAMES BENSINGER JR ajb102 at psu.edu
Mon Jun 8 07:18:14 PDT 2015

Hey All,

For those interested, I see the new (June/July) issue of "Philosophy Now" is all about "art". While most of the articles are behind a subscription wall (I do not have a subscription), a couple are free, including the editorial that sets up the issue.

https://philosophynow.org/issues/108/Angles_on_Art

Obviously, I'm a little disappointed that neither Pirsig nor Dewey (nor Nietzsche) are even mentioned (one would think that Dewey's "Art as Experience" would warrant at least passing mention). Although, maybe, these ideas are addressed in the walled articles.

Still, since "art" is of primary importance within a MoQ, thought I'd share.

Arlo