[MD] Julian Baggini: This is what the clash of civilisations is really about

John Carl ridgecoyote at gmail.com
Tue May 19 11:35:28 PDT 2015

Perhaps the most powerful idea to filter through from the universities to
the streets was articulated by Foucault, who adapted and popularised the
Nietzschean idea that what passes for truth is actually no more than power.
There are no facts, only attempts to impose your view on the world by
fixing it as "The Truth". This idea is now so mainstream that even a
conservative like Donald Rumsfeld could complain about those who lived in
the "reality-based community", arguing "that's not the way the world really
works anymore ... when we act, we create our own reality."

--
"finite players
play within boundaries.