[MD] Porn

John Carl ridgecoyote at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 13:42:54 PDT 2015

Jan_Anders,

Sex is a biological pattern but an important motivator at the social
level?  I agree.  I'd bet most of our desire for celebrity is at
heart, driven by the subconscious desire to attract a high-quality
mate.  Moreso perhaps from a male perspective. Which is  why our most
successful male  politicians, get into trouble with sex scandals.  Why
should that be shocking to people?  When you win the game, you collect
the prize.

How the drive can be used constructively, is a good question.  I'm
afraid the way it's been used mostly, on a mass scale anyway,  is as
the driver of a consumption-based economy.   What would a
quality-based economy look like?  We'd value intellectual rather  than
physically fit specimens?  From an MoQ perspective, the materialistic
turn has put a rather strange and extreme twist upon the whole issue.
Pre-internet, sexual titillation was a carefully hoarded resource,
guarded by the forces of society.  Nowadays with its rampant ubiquity,
we have significant numbers opting out of the social "game".   For
example I offer, the Japanese:

Nearly 40 percent of singles in their 20s and 30s do not want a
romantic partner, with many calling relationships “bothersome,”
according to a government survey released Monday.

The survey, conducted by the Cabinet Office on the Internet and by
mail between last December and January, covered 7,000 people aged 20
to 39. Valid responses were received from 37.8 percent.

Of the valid respondents, 37.6 percent said they don’t want a romantic
partner, while 60.8 percent voiced interest in such a relationship.

The figures were reported in an annual government white paper
discussing measures to combat the low birthrate."

taken from http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2015/06/22/national/social-issues/nearly-40-of-single-japanese-not-interested-in-romance-survey/

Now there is no explicit correlation between the Japanese consumption
of porn and this reproductive malaise, but such a relation isn't hard
to imagine.   While fundamentalists of all kinds, seem to put out more
kids than any other group.  It's also not hard to imagine where this
kind of demographic is taking us,

 in the end.

Inuendo, intended.

John