[MD] still going?

Adrie Kintziger parser666 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 11:25:06 PST 2016

> Hello David.

This whole case is something from long ago.I have to admit,at that time i
did not provide john with this link or the comparision between these
Gifford lectures.But i did inform him about their rivalry, opposing views
and the underlaying field of tension between the two.I did this in a very
rude way.
I told John that he could not have Royce on a pedestal because of his
position about the absolute as i recall it.
But this was long ago.

Would this case be interesting to reconcider?,The evidence is not
convincing.
Indeed, the battle of the absolute,the quest for the 'Absolute knower' that
is paramount in Royce's developments would place this discussion into the
arena of theism again as it did in the time of these battles.Royce was not
an idiot, but he was a religious idealist;given the frame of time and the
location
this was not abnormal,not even today, but kept some insights confined in
the medieval period.

It would be a backpedalling, a run down the hill without chain on he
bicycle.
i don't think that it would be interesting to try to find the shortcut to
paradise.

paradise=>paradise=>paradise=> or <=paradise<=paradise <=paradise, this was
the witty part;sorry some pun intended.

But , David , as i do not have the intention to piss off John further than
neccesary i would happily agree with him to read and discuss everyting
about Royce should John make the effort not to pursue the shortcut to
paradise,but even then, i would make it obligatory for me to read all
Royce's work wich would take me long.... and i do not know if i can spare
the time or the effort.

Probably were clean about that one..

Feel free to talk about oter thing anyway, i did hurt my knee very badly
about a month ago and i need some rest.

Adrie

--
parser