[MD] On Pirsig's letter to Paul Turner

Adrie Kintziger parser666 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 07:27:04 PDT 2016

But given your phrase ;first choice and more choises,would this not imply
by effect that the theme core here is really will and free will?
Or do i read it wrongly?

I took Dans remarks in concideration here
snip (Dan)
Do you really believe biological patterns have volition? I can't see
it. Biological patterns are constrained into a specific set of
parameters which disable them, the biological patterns, from going
outside those parameters. So really the volition or choice that
biological patterns 'have' isn't that so much as being had by the
quality that both surrounds them, the biological patterns, and
permeates them, simultaneously making it seem as if free will exists,
which of course it does, but only seem to. So in essence this tends to
render your argument null and void if one follows said reasoning above
to its logical conclusion.

Adrie

--
parser