[MD] Annotations to LC

Tuukka Virtaperko mail at tuukkavirtaperko.net
Wed Nov 16 15:49:06 PST 2016

Ron,

I get it, you're using the Socratic method when you claim rhetoric is
dialectic. But I'm also using the Socratic method when I convince you
rhetoric and dialectic are different things. So what about the Socratic
method?

Do you mean this part of the article?

"Frede[6] points out that Vlastos' conclusion in step #4 above makes
nonsense of the aporetic nature of the early dialogues. Having shown
that a proposed thesis is false is insufficient to conclude that some
other competing thesis must be true."

Do you want an aporetic MOQ? Aporia means:

1. An insoluble contradiction in a text's meaning
2. A figure in which the speaker professes to be at a loss what course
to pursue, where to begin to end, what to say, etc.

So you're basically saying you want an inconsistent MOQ? You know, one
in which it's okay to argue that germs killing doctors and scientists
are a good thing?

Regards,

Tuk