[MD] The luxury of time

X Acto xacto at rocketmail.com
Wed Nov 23 05:44:17 PST 2016

All and especially Tukka,
I'm in a phase in my life where free time is at a premium. It costs. I must buy chunks of it.

The first order of free time is spent with my family, the second on the up keep of my house and property.
Between my job and these necessities I contemplate the recent loss of close friends
And reflect on my life and where it is going.
My parenting and my relationships.

Often it is during lunch when I have just enough time to cram a sandwich in my face that I check e-mails, face book and the news. I try to follow along on MD also.
Occasionally I'll read something that turns in my head all day while I set up equipment or in the zone of recording data. I've been staking out a pipeline center line over the course of several miles across vast farm fields in Pennsylvania. I have had some space to think over the 12 to 15 hrs a day
I spend pounding stakes into the ground.
I'll jot down ideas, blurbs really, then I make the mistake of trying to join these bits and pieces into a conversation using my thumb
While I'm servicing equipment and charging batteries sitting in the work truck warming my bones.
Consequently my recent posts are unintelligible. I know where I was going but
The words and grammatical errors make it very unclear.

What I was trying to explain to Tuk is that dialectic is best utilized and understood as a process of hypothesis elimination. It is used to clarify thoughts and ideas to gain a better understanding of a particular subject matter.
Contradictions are a sign of a flaw in understanding. It originated as a form of deconstruction of knowledge not an analytical tool for determining syllogistic continuity. Its purpose was to break down theoretical assumptions and start theory building in a more empirical process.

If you view dialectic as a truth finder in a kind of intellectual contest then you are missing the point of Philosophy.
Analytics often sacrifices consistency for meaning as its ultimate aim.

.

Sent from my iPhone