[MD] G. Strawson vs. Pirsig Redux

Craig Erb craig_erb at ymail.com
Sun Oct 23 12:53:59 PDT 2016

He presented a position which he labelled "physicalist panpsychism".  Its main tenets are:
1) the whole of concrete reality is mind or consciousness (= conscious experience)
2) the existence of a subject of experience is nothing ontologically over and above the existence of experience
3) everything that concretely exists is physical
4) all physical phenomenon are forms of energy
5) the intrinsic nature of energy is experience
6) everything that concretely exists is experience
7) the only thing that is known for certain to exist is experience
8) physics in itself neither can nor does make any claims whatever about the intrinsic non-structural nature of concrete reality
In the Question-and-Answer, I asked Strawson to compare his view to Pirsig's.  He said they were close.  What say you?
Craig