[MD] Punk Rock Existentialism

Tuukka Virtaperko mail at tuukkavirtaperko.net
Wed Sep 21 04:04:07 PDT 2016

Arlo, John,

for me the MOQ has been pretty much metal or psychedelic rock.
Subversive, sophisticated and new. Intense, outstanding, somewhat
marginal but self-sufficient. Or maybe I just liken the MOQ to whatever
I've been listening while working on it.

Ultimately, I'm not quite pluralistic enough to just liken the MOQ to a
small musical genre. For me its influence is comparable to the influence
black people had on Western music. The invention of rock music, the
introduction of drum sets and so on. I suppose these are based on some
African influences.

This is of course a pretty lavish way to bestow appreciation on the MOQ.

Regards,

Tuk