[MD] Fwd: Re: Mr. Pirsig RIP

Horse horse at darkstar.uk.net
Thu Apr 27 01:11:50 PDT 2017

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	Re: [MD] Mr. Pirsig RIP
Date: 	Wed, 26 Apr 2017 22:35:26 +0100
From: 	David Morey <davidint at blueyonder.co.uk>
To: 	moq_discuss at moqtalk.org

Hi MOQers

An incredible person is dead and I offer my sympathies to his family and
friends.

The King of MOQ is dead, long live his powerful ideas.

In tribute I would like to offer an idea that may in the future open up
some new connections for Pirsig's powerful challenge to the SOM
dominance of our culture.

Is the reality of SQ and DQ, and the differences between SQ and DQ
reflected in the very structure of the brain?  -a brain developed to
handle both the static and dynamic, analytical and synthetic sides of
engaging with experience/reality:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5GxmJOM2c7Y

It might help to explain why our culture and intellects struggle to see
both sides of quality working together and keep trying to banish one
side and suppress the other. Yin and yang, however, can not be
separated, and neither side fully annihilated.

All the best MOQers
David Morey