[MD] Cloud Atlas

Adrie Kintziger parser666 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 6 09:49:37 PDT 2017

Hi , Dan.

I do not know how the bike got damaged, and who did it, but if so-,Theodore
would be a bad assumption i guess.Maybe the bike was dropped in the
garage?.....very well possible,given the fact that the restoration was a
repair,
according to the youtube clip related mechanic.If a bike falls on its side
in a garage due to bad handling, the most probable thing that will
happen,is that
the 'notch'?on the underplate of the forks breaks or bends away giving
way to the fork to make a bend in the tank.
This is very common.
These static tank slappers make very nasty bends in the side of the tank.
But they are repaired very easely these days.Works with a sort of magnetron
probe.Even the paint is kept solid during this proces.

And this line of reasoning does fit the explanation of the mechanic in the
clip,
saved the 'patine' of the paint, and is a repair; not a restoration,
furthermore
during the restoration and the reassembly the tanks emblems?, were reversed,
as left is right and right is left, the wing points in the wrong direction
both ways.
This was not so on the bike in the years the book was written.

What took my attention the most, was that the mechanic states that he is
actually at his shop or repair, but during the making of the footage he
clearly
avoids making footage of the surrounding area.

I think i posted these clips long ago, but maybe it was on another forum.
They are on y/tube for some time now.

Adrie

--
parser