[MD] cloud atlas.

Adrie Kintziger parser666 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 03:54:21 PDT 2017

Hi, Dan, all...

Given the content of your last sentence,yes,i did some further reading to
the
end of the book , and it is thrue that a cluster of alter ego's appears and
vanishes again only to reappear in other chapters/essays,and story's
elsewhere.They really merge into previous characters.
The same pattern indeed that we can find in "Zen,..."and "Lila", where it
is not always very clear when Phaedrus,the narrator Pirsig and the
caracters are talking.Phaedrus is a master of disguise, as is Pirsig when
hiding in the alter ego.
There is a page somewhere in the book , where  Mitchell uses the term New
England, but does not seem to project innuendo of any sort.
This guy is very sharp in his details,when he retakes the "letters from
Zedelgem", near the end of the book, he makes sure the first letter takes
of where the last of the early chapters left it, even to the
date.10/10/1931; is
about two weeks after the last was left behind.
Also it was very nice to find that when he left the diary of Ewing (first
exposure) , and used an unfinished sentence as lead-out, he uses the same
sentence as lead-in in for
the retake of the dairy of Ewing near the end.Just before he does, he talks
about Frobishers molecules , lingering around in his mind.Briljant!, superb!

Personally , i like the Cavendish caracter most,but that is a personal
feeling i guess.Very rational Brit writing like he is a freemason of
semantics.
This book contains more story's that a writer can think of.History itself
delivers them.  That also apply's for 'inferno' of Dan Brown,that i
recommended,history and the geograpical setting that is chosen delivers a
part of the mystic content.I left it aside for now, need to read some other
things first. During my reading of the surroundings in Brugge,(bruges) and
Zedelgem(modern spelling), i visited the brugse reien virtually and
travelled
some of the streets via google earth,for the part about the "minnewater" he
mentions.Coming around that event , i found several entry's in wiki talking
about the castle of the Della Faille's on the border of the "Minnewater".
This was not related to Mitchell's book , but de Della Faille's were the big
landlords in my home town of Assenede,during medieval times, and i just had
to grab the story i found.Its a book on itself.But has nothing to do with
the Cloud Atlas.

Brugge, (Bruges) is only 40 minutes driving from here btw.Most beautiful
town in Belgium, very clean and very historical.Very medieval.I know all
places in the book.Even the hotels are real.And the musea.
When artists are visiting  Brugge they tend to become creative.
One can travel most of the canals here by boat, not expensive, its even
possible around Gent and in the city core of Gent proper itself in the
medieval channels.That is only 20 min's from my location here.

Medieval centum Gent

http://www.debootjesvangent.be/nl/stadsrondvaarten/het-middeleeuwse-centrum-40-min

7 euro/person

medieval centrum Brugge (Bruges)