[MD] Best Wishes to All of My Old Friends

Dan Glover daneglover at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 12:42:07 PDT 2020

Hello old friends,

A couple years ago I sold everything, gave away what I couldn't sell, and
moved from Chicago to Florida. I bought a shack perched precariously close
to a canal in the swamps just outside Satsuma where I spend my days sitting
in the sunshine reading and taking photos of gators, otters, and blue
herons. I was delighted the other day to see a reference to Zen and the Art
of Motorcycle Maintenance in Quichotte (pronounced Key-Shot) by Salman
Rushdie but then again Rushdie seems to read everything.

I am no longer writing as much as I did up north. I think part of that has
to do with how it is sunny and warm and pleasant here even in December and
January and February whereas in Chicago the weather was intent on killing
me six months out of the year. I also like to think what I do write now has
more quality than the torrent of words I once produced though in that I am
most likely fooling myself.

I am also exercising quite a lot these days: walking, biking, running,
swimming. I daily take a chug from the fountain of youth and dammit if it
doesn't seem to be working. Listening to lots of music both new and old,
catch myself cranking up the volume. Miles Davis seems particularly apropos
to these long and sunny Florida afternoons.

Life is good.

Dan

A rip tide is raging
And the life guard is away