[MD] Zen and The Art of Dying

doug.bates at pyrrhonism.org doug.bates at pyrrhonism.org
Fri May 22 16:44:27 PDT 2020

When I was trying to get my book published the fact that it had a
chapter devoted to philosophical issues raised in ZAMM did not seem to
interest any agents or publishers. I finally got it published with a
small publisher of Buddhist books, because of the large Buddhist angle.
My book is "Pyrrho's Way: The Ancient Greek Version of Buddhism." It's
about the Hellenistic philosophy of Pyrrhonism as a self-help approach,
much like similar titles "How to Be a Stoic", "Aristotle's Way", "How to
Be an Epicurean."

My wife, who is a physician who has worked in palliative care, has been
off-and-on working on a book about dying. There appears to be strong
interest in the subject, at least as a practical matter. As a
philosophical matter, I think it would be tough sledding to get
published.

Doug Bates

Hello dear qualified friends,

Question. What is the future of Quality. Is this the end? Where do we go
from here?

As for me, after 25 years of fear and trembling, I am hoping to publish
?Zen and the Art of Dying? (an inquiry into Faith) this year. The book
is a vehicle for many ideas, mostly why I believe the Integral model
(Ken Wilber) and MOQ are pointing to the same truth. An ?integrated? MOQ
completes the framework Pirsig presented; keeping Quality at the center.
I refer to it as iMOQ. And I?d love to present the ideas here for
criticism before publication.

Hoping you are up for the discussion; that is if you?re down for helping
me maintain my goodness.

Regards,

Josh