[MD] Future of MOQ

Ant McWatt antmcwatt at hotmail.co.uk
Wed May 27 19:22:58 PDT 2020

Adrie!

You're correct... Roger Waters is really showing his age now.  I hope he resolves his 'issues' with David Gilmour soon.  LOVE (with a good dose of patience!) is all... easier said to say than do, I know.

Otherwise, I must admit I didn't like much PINK FLOYD material after their DARK SIDE of THE MOON from 1973'; I didn't like the vibe of the 1979 version of MOTHER; I don't like the vibe of the recent version either though IMHO it's a better, sharper production.  I won't be going out of my way to hear it again though...

I mean the BEATLES could be quite dark & haunting too (e.g. I WANT YOU & ELEANOR RIGBY) but they'd also like a laugh (e.g. YELLOW SUBMARINE & YOU KNOW MY NAME).  The Fabs also have a warmth in their production absent from that clinical sound that PINK FLOYD pursued from around 1970.  Perfectly played but heartless tracks concentrating on depressive, morbid issues.  In other words, I think you should try and avoid taking yourself too seriously or your material whether you've the height of rock music or the academic world.

"Fun is the one thing that money can't buy!",

Ant

P.S. Welcome to Slaggers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFFB4xGfzRk
[https://www.bing.com/th?id=OVP.XppubJL7PNGzay0KvYutNwHgFo&pid=Api]<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFFB4xGfzRk>
The Beatels - You Know My Name (Look Up The Number) - live<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFFB4xGfzRk>
THE BEATELS, the internationally acclaimed Beatles tribute band, performing one of the lesser known Beatles tracks, "You Know My Name (Look Up The Number)" live at The Vanguard in Sydney, as part of the Revolver 40th Anniversary Special in 2006. Incidentally, this was the first time that THE BEATELS had ever performed this particular track on ...
www.youtube.com