[MF] the way forward for MoQ discussion lists

Jennie Harvie harvie at optusnet.com.au
Sun Dec 11 14:48:24 PST 2005

Goodmorning all

I am new to the group and have been watching the discussions about how to go
forward.

I first read Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance in 1975 as my partner
and I set forth for a journey around Australia.  I found many of the ideas
and principles extermely useful in my work as a social worker.

Later I read Lilla and was deeply challenged in my thinking about mental
health and disability issues.

Now I use both in my teaching of Disability studies at a tertiary level,
particularly with respect to how quality is approached in the definitions of
life, service delivery and so on.

I want now to explore these issues further and I look forward to
participating in the discussions as they unfold.

It would be really helpful for me if there was some kind of orientation to
the whole cyberspace discussion business, as I am only just becoming
literate on the computer and am not at all sure how to go about accessing
the proposed forums etc.

Kindest regards

Jennie Harvie