[MF] the way forward for MoQ discussion lists

Rebecca Temmer ratemmer.lists at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 17:47:04 PST 2005

Greetings all,

It seems that some of the problems occurring are because of the sheer amount
of email that comes through the MD. Without sounding like an an advertising
groupie, I use Gmail (from Google) and find it works really well and keeps
all of my threads organized beautifully. It's a web-based platform that
allows you 2.6 GB of storage (and growing). I don't have to delete any of my
emails from the discussion group and I can search them with ease.

I quite like the organic way that the MD works and think putting the
discussion into little boxes would cause members to fight over which
discussion should go in which box. Plus, once things are changed, it is
inevitably difficult to change them back and we all sit around reminiscing
about the 'good old days'... :)

That being said, if anyone would like to try out gmail, I can send them an
'invitation'... it's free, easy and has a lot of great features. I use a
special account for my mailing lists to make life easier (posts don't
clutter up my primary inbox). Feel free to send me a direct email and I'll
forward an invite to anyone who is having problems with message
organization.

Cheers!
Rebecca Temmer