[MF] reality: interactions or quality?

Kevin Perez juan825diego at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 16 19:47:52 PST 2006

I may never know if my understanding of the Metaphysics of Quality is
in sync with Pirsig's or anyone else's understanding of it.  But I am quite
certain that I will never find satisfaction in it.

As an answer to the question "what is quality?" the Metaphysics of
Quality claims that quality is the source of all things.  I take this to mean
the Metaphysics of Quality is based on a belief, a belief in something
that cannot be proved or disproved, a belief in the source of all things.

My chief complaint with the Metaphysics of Quality is its deafening
silence on the subject of belief and faith and hope and love.  By its
apparently intentional silence on these very real and very human
expressions it has separated itself from what, for most people, IS
reality.

I hope this helps provide some sense of where I'm coming from.

Ted, you mentioned "[getting] to the point quicker."  Other than the
enjoyment of a thoughtful and engaging conversation I'm not sure there is
a point to my questions.

I look forward to continuing the conversation.

Kevin