[MD] Essentialism and the MOQ

Heather Perella spiritualadirondack at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 1 09:51:26 PST 2006

> [Laird]
> You're right, the definition isn't really necessary.

     ok

     [Laird]
> "We rationalize and
> intellectualize Existence" says it all. But that
> very statement implies
> a separation between the intellectual and
> pre-intellectual (which was a
> key point in my argument). His definition placed
> Existence as the
> "output" of rationalization and intellectualization,
> mine placed
> Existence at the "input", so I stuck a
> compromise-word in there to ease
> the gap. With the compromise word, the statement
> becomes "We rationalize
> and intellectualize Existence into existence." It
> does sound circular
> and confusing, so let's go with the shorter one.

     When you say, ""We rationalize and
intellectualize Existence into existence."  your
trying to rid the separation?  That's fine, but that
would mean your just trying to 'dynamic quality talk',
as I understand it.  If you were 'sq talking' or
'quality talking' you wouldn't be hung up on
separations.  Distinctions and separations exist, but
they are nothing, nothing at all.

     [Laird]
> Experience is itself a term of rationalization...

     To emphasize any term is 'sq talk', unless, you
also notice that no-rationalization is experience,
too.

     [Laird]
> Would you be okay with
> "one experiences the intellectual", and to use
> Pirsig's pop-culture
> verbage of the time (the jazz club story), "one
> 'just digs' the
> preintellectual"? It's the word and meaning of
> "experience" is hanging
> me up on this one.

     One does experience the intellectual.  I output
superman, and I input no-superman.  Then I go to this
movie and input superman, and output na, no-superman.
Preintellectual is the intellectual in 'quality talk'.
 In 'dq talk' all is not defined so there is not even
preintellectual and intellectual.  Static quality
defines preintellectual and intellectual and may
notice 'inputs' and 'outputs', but after all,
according to the MoQ, all of this 'sq talk' and 'dq
talk' is just plain-old quality and we're livin'
without-with hungups-no-hungups.  A?

woods,
SA