[MD] Essentialism and the MOQ

MarshaV marshalz at charter.net
Fri Dec 1 09:36:13 PST 2006

At 05:11 PM 11/30/2006, you wrote:
>I have a suspicious feeling that we're about to see this epistemology
>translated into obtuse mathematical expressions and equations borrowed from
>quantum mechanics and neuro-physicists.  Permit me to remind you all that
>Science was developed to investigate and analyze the objective world.  The
>study of subjective consciousness, values, morality, esthetics, absolutes,
>essence, and nothingness remains the province of Philosophy.
>
>Cheers, and good luck,
>Ham

Greetings,

Has anyone had strange experiences of time or space?  I've had a few,
and I can't be the only one.

A couple of years ago I was performing a mundane chore.  I looked up
and saw an out of place object move across my vision in
sequence.  Like movement on a film, separate images.  There were
about a dozen overlapping images.  The actual object was on the other
side of the room.  This was not 'out of the corner of my eye', but
right before me. I couldn't calculate the exact amount, but there was
enough time for me to really see it.  I tried to make it happen
again, but of course I couldn't.  I was really stunned.  I thought
this is either a big clue to something, or I've got a brain tumor.  I
don't drink, and I wasn't doing drugs, so for weeks I worried it was
a brain tumor.  I later read somewhere (maybe in 'Zen and the Brain')
about someone seeing a suspended apple, but that's the only place I
ever read of something like it.

Anybody had a strange experience of the third kind?

Marsha