[MD] Quantum Physics

PhaedrusWolff at carolina.rr.com PhaedrusWolff at carolina.rr.com
Sat Dec 2 05:56:14 PST 2006

> > [Chin]
> > I can’t claim a study in Quantum Physics, as most of what I have
> > gotten has come from word of mouth from folks looking for
> financial
> > advice who were familiar with it, and as you say, stumbling
> across a
> > little on the web.
> >
> > Some assumptions I have gained;
> >
> > There is no such thing in quantum physics as solid matter. All
> solid
> > matter would be probability patterns that are hard to compress.
> >

> [Laird]
> Yes, strictly speaking. Though probabilistic quanta can emerge as
> representation we think of as solid matter... quantum collapse
> into our
> 3 dimensions. They're challenging our deterministic yes/no type
> descriptions.

Chin -- Even into a fourth dimension? -- or at least a fourth
dimension of looking at things?

> > [Chin]
> > The same micro particles which pass through us pass through all
> of us,
> > the trees and the moon I point at ;),
> >

> [Laird]
> Now this is an interesting one. Is this suggesting that the quanta
> that
> make up our atomic particles interchange rather freely
> (probabilistically), but the atomic structures we experience
> remain
> stable (at least to the limit of atomic decay?)

Chin -- My best answer to this would be “I don’t know.” The lady I
spoke with didn’t get down to explaining quanta itself, but the atoms
or even the cells we are made up do not stay attached to us. For
instance, she said we replace our skin every day, our liver once a
week.

> > [Chin]
> > One interesting thought I came across which is a better theory
> of
> > creation than anything else I have heard. Electrons rubbing
> together
> > (friction) created gravity, and gravity pulled the gasses into
> what we
> > now know as planets and stars. With Hawking Radiation from the
> Black
> > Holes, this may be more re-creation than creation, as the
> universe can
> > only be described as infinite.
> >
> [Laird]
> Entanglement. I haven't read enough yet, but I'm sure somebody
> somewhere
> has put together a theory describing a "critical mass" of
> entanglement -
> that once so many quanta become entangled, they eventually freak
> out, do
> some crazy stuff, and untangle.
>
> So imagine all quanta except one are entangled. That one last
> straggler
> entangles with the rest. There's only one possible change for the
> quanta
> to experience, since they're all hooked to everything everywhere.
> Boom!
> They detangle, and in our 3D (+time) terms we call it the Big
> Bang. The
> quanta immediately start entangling again in countless little
> strings
> and webs (patterns!). And in a matter of (a LOT of) time they'll
> all
> entangle again and go Boom! Recreation, indeed. I like it. VERY
> much
> Scott Adams' "God's Debris" analogy, but much more palatable as
> quanta
> than as particles of God.

Chin -- That’s a whole lot better than the one I had. :o)

Actually though, I was talking about an experiment I had heard of two
astronauts were doing back in 2003, and I couldn’t elaborate because I
don’t even remember the names of the astronauts. Per their
experiments, the electrons, iron particles, or whatever rubbing
together actually created a magnetic field, gravity, as per their
theory, or maybe I should say hypothesis, the gravity pulled the gases
together. Everything was in a gaseous state before the formation of
the planets and stars, and as the gases were pulled in, they continued
to spin. The spinning built the strength of gravity, such as with now,
the spinning of the earth also helps to create the gravity from the
iron core. The gravity just simply pulled in all the gases as far as
it could reach.

Too simplistic I know, but this is not dummying down, it is the best I
can explain it from CRS memory. The theory of gravity came from
watching the science channel, and if I come across it again, I’ll try
to pay more attention now that I have someone to share it with. Much
of the rest of my “assumptions” came from speaking with a physicist
who I worked with in setting up her nest egg, and there is no way I
could convey the beauty of what she offered in those conversations.
What I came away with was a sense of what she
called “interconnection.” Per her explanation of the world of quantum
physics, everything is physically connected to everything,
intelligently connected. There is an actual physical interconnection
between us and everything around us.

I have doubts that I could possibly ever come close to putting
together everything she said through a Google search, or as an
observer of physics. We’ve lost contact, as I guess she moved on from
the discussion boards on finance due to the fact she managed to set
herself up with a portfolio she could understand and didn’t need any
more attention other than rebalancing it occasionally.

This lady touched me in a way that left me with a feeling of peace I
doubt I could ever have felt from anything else I could ever do. She
spoke in terms about quantum physics that was both scientific and
spiritual. Even though I recognized how beautiful what she was saying
was, I didn’t have the good sense to write down what she said in our
telephone conversation, nor save the emails. I guess at the time, I
didn’t realize how trusting she would have been of my financial
advice, or if that be the case, how fickle life is and our last
conversation would have actually been our last.

As Pirsig found enlightenment through self-reflection, it seems she
found enlightenment through her work, and I may find it through the
two of them, and the dialect which continues here and elsewhere. It is
not the MOQ per se I care about here, and I don’t think the MOQ was
all Pirsig was passing on to us, but an opportunity to look at the
world differently, and continue to discuss. Of course, I can’t know
this, but unless Pirsig has gotten completely away from his other
personality, Phaedrus, a final systematic philosophy would not be what
he was reaching for.

Sorry I couldn’t offer anything in the way of understanding as far as
Quantum physics is concerned.