[MD] Quantum Physics

Ant McWatt antmcwatt at hotmail.co.uk
Sat Dec 2 07:14:03 PST 2006

>From: Laird Bedore stated November 30th:
>
>I'm pulling this straight from the sky with a wide-open invitation to
>cut it up into little bits:
>
>Quantum Physics is the attempt to understand the interaction-point
>between DQ and SQ.

Laird,

Regarding the MOQ, I think it would be better to say that quantum physics is
solely concerned with explaining and manipulating inorganic static quality
patterns _at the micro-level_ rather than the interaction-point between
_all_ DQ and SQ.

To say quantum physics is "The interaction point between [all] DQ and SQ"
doesn't seem to lay right with me as that same sentence could be describing
the continual interaction between an artist and a canvass or other
interactions which are part of the macro world (for instance, in the
biological and social realms) rather the micro world.  In other words, the
definition you give above is too reductionist (towards ontological
materialism)!

In addition to the work of John D. Barrow previously mentioned, I should
have also directed you to "Subjects, Objects, Data and Values" which is
Pirsig's own paper on the MOQ and quantum physics (given at the 1995
Einstein meets Magritte Conference).  It can be found on the Forum page at
moq.org.

Best wishes,

Anthony

.