[MD] U.S. Values: the Jones

craigerb at comcast.net craigerb at comcast.net
Sun Dec 3 09:15:30 PST 2006

[Wikipedia]> "within capitalist societies...The social nature of society is destroyed by> the abstraction of commodities, in the sense that "use-value" (the usefulness> of an object or action) is totally separated from "exchange-value" (the> marketplace value of an object or action).".Arlo,Do you have the name of the Wikipedia article quoted above?  Does it presentany evidence or argument for the quoted claim?  It seems very implausible.  Inthe marketplace, use-value should equal exchange-value, i.e., I will pay morefor something I value & less for something I don't.  The disconnect betweenvalue & cost is characteristic of non-market economic systems where price isestablished by fiat.Craig