[MD] freedom is for the rich

Heather Perella spiritualadirondack at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 4 11:55:19 PST 2006

> [Case]
> You above all should know that you can walk off into
> the woods and live off
> the land.

    that is tough... very tough now-a-days.  Could it
be done?  maybe.  Just don't get caught killin' a deer
without a license.  And you can't stay in one place
too long, National Forests have rules on that, too.
Maybe Alaska, maybe the Yukon (I know that's Canada),
but you'd have to hide somewhere, that's the only way
I see it.  If something ever happened to my wife, this
is what I would do, sneak around, hide, and forage the
land.  My son would have to grow-up out of mother's
milk stage, too.  So many if's, and at this point,
obviously, I value being with my wife and son more
than livin' off the land.  The latter would be a try,
back to the old ways, injin style, not totally Thoreau
for he still got supplies from Concord.

woods,
SA