[MD] freedom is for the rich

Arlo Bensinger ajb102 at psu.edu
Mon Dec 4 13:47:11 PST 2006

[Platt]
Nowhere do I find in the MOQ a moral duty to help the poor. I do find the
right of an individual to respond to DQ and act on his own judgment. Forcibly
taking a man's property in order to serve another's purposes is indeed a
form of slavery. Nice that you think a little slavery is a good thing.

[Arlo]
Is taxation to support the military ("taking a man's property in order to
serve another's purposes") also slavery? Do you side with Micah that it is,
and is also immoral? Or is taking a man's property "okay" if its for a
cause you support (such as the military)?