[MD] freedom is for the rich

MarshaV marshalz at charter.net
Tue Dec 5 07:05:43 PST 2006

At 07:35 AM 12/5/2006, Platt wrote:

>I don't claim the MOQ presents "an absolute moral code." But as Pirsig
>said, he saw it as "a large football field that gave meaning to the
>game by telling
>you who was on the 20 yard line but did not decide which team would
>win." Nor do I
>claim the MOQ should be used "by the few to dictate to the many." The first
>principle of the MOQ is freedom from static "dictates" to allow DQ
>to flourish. What
>I don't see much of here is the game being played within the playing field of
>of the MOQ. Discussions of morality are the exception rather than the rule.

Platt,

I know, boys just want to have fun.

Maybe you would evaluate this statement for me?  "We're not winning,
but we're not losing either."

Honestly, I don't know what to make of such a statement.  Maybe you can help.

Marsha

  P.S.

Is there anything that we can discuss which is outside of the MOQ's
definition of morality?  I don't think so.