[MD] The MOQ's First Principle

Arlo Bensinger ajb102 at psu.edu
Tue Dec 5 07:52:39 PST 2006

[Platt]
The first principle of the MOQ is freedom from static "dictates" to allow
DQ to flourish.

[Arlo]
I'd propose that the first principle of the MOQ is this. "That's the whole
thing: to obtain static and Dynamic Quality simultaneously. If you don't
have the static patterns of scientific knowledge to build upon you're back
with the cave man. But if you don't have the freedom to change those
patterns you're blocked from any further growth."

Thus the first principle seems to me not "freedom from static dictates",
but finding the perfect balance between "freedom" and "order" that allows
growth (expansion within a level) and evolution (emerge and expansion of a
higher level).

Other ideas?