[MD] The MOQ's First Principle

ian glendinning psybertron at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 08:05:39 PST 2006

I think that's about right Arlo.

I prefer Pirsig's "latch" metaphor for the SQ's, it reminds us that
whilst SQ's (or SPV's) mustn't unnecessarily restrict freedoms to
progress, SQ's are useful in their own right too. Balance is my
middle-name BTW ;-)

My pet additional theory for how we recognise progressive growth &
evolution in levels 3 and 4, or more precisely, the reason we have so
much difficulty debating it, is that the model is over-simplified in
prescribing just these two levels. I actually believe we have a whole
series of "onion-skins" making up the whole
socio-cultural-intellectual levels. Culture itself determines what is
"intellectual" and what is merely "social".

Ian