[MD] The MOQ's First Principle

ian glendinning psybertron at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 08:38:34 PST 2006

Marsha, Mike,

Problem is, that
>"[is] the U.S. [-] winning the war in Iraq ?"

is a "weasely" question to start with. It presumes simple closed
choices - (a) whether there is a "war" and (b) whether there is some
concept of "winning" it. So any answer that doesn't ignore those
initial facts is going to be equivocal.

"What progress are we making in Iraq ?" would be a fairer open
question, that would deserve straight answers.

The presumption of two mutually exclusive and simple causal outcomes
of every decision is the bane of our lives. To let go of that fallacy
is to be balanced (enlightened even).

Ian.