[MD] The MOQ's First Principle

Dan Glover daneglover at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 7 12:08:29 PST 2006

Hello everyone

>From: Heather Perella <spiritualadirondack at yahoo.com>
>To: moq_discuss at moqtalk.org
>Subject: Re: [MD] The MOQ's First Principle
>Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 10:25:27 -0800 (PST)
>
>Hey, Glad to hear from ya Dan Glover!

Nice to hear from you too!!

>      [Dan G.]
> > I read of a tragedy out west in Oregon where a man
> > and his family became
> > snowbound when they took a wrong turn. After
> > statically waiting over a week
> > and with supplies running low, the man apparently
> > decided to Dynamically
> > seek help by setting off on foot. A couple days
> > later his family was rescued
> > and it took searchers a few more days to locate the
> > man's body.
> > Let's examine this using the first principle as you
> > suggest: freedom. Now,
> > it's clear the man was acting in a moral manner...he
> > wanted nothing more
> > than to save his family. And it seems pretty clear
> > that he was acting in a
> > more Dynamic manner by actively seeking help rather
> > than passively waiting
> > for it to arrive.
> > Using the first principle, where did he go wrong?

>SA:
>      I don't think we can say he went wrong, can we?

Just dead wrong.

>This is very sad.  He was trying to save his family,
>and died trying... so sad.

Sure it's sad but before we go filling our cups with tears, isn't it better
to examine the choices he made in an effort to gain some little insight into
what we ourselves might do in a similar situation?

>  A good memory for the
>family, I'm assuming, where dad is loving his family
>so much, trying to help them out, trying to save them.
>  If he only stayed, but he didn't know...  got ta love
>him.

Sure, gotta love him. Just thought such a real world situation might be a
good way to examine your MOQ first principle... guess not.

>blue jays voicing I hear 'em now,
>SA

Thanks for your comments,

Dan