[MD] Quantum Physics

PhaedrusWolff at carolina.rr.com PhaedrusWolff at carolina.rr.com
Thu Dec 7 17:51:23 PST 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: MarshaV <marshalz at charter.net>
Date: Thursday, December 7, 2006 5:28 am
Subject: Re: [MD] Quantum Physics
To: moq_discuss at moqtalk.org

> At 07:29 PM 12/6/2006, Chin wrote:
>
> >Maybe what I am trying to say might work better if I say MOQ
searches
> >for spiritual, artistic and moral development through intellect and
> >Zen through spirituality.
>
> This is, indeed, an interesting thread, with two great strands.
>
> Sorry to interrupt, but Chin, have you considered Nagarjuna's
> Mulamadhyamakakarika?

Hi Marsha,

Never consider your thoughts as an interruption when replying to me.
Your thoughts are always welcome.

I have come across Mulamadhyamakakarika, but many different
interpretations of Nagarjuna's philosophy, and couldn’t say I
understood them well enough to even try to explain it all, or even
small portions of it. As I have offered earlier, there are many
traditions in Hinduism, the oldest religion(?). Mulamadhyamakakarika
shows up in a number of them.

This didn’t strike me until just this moment. When SA is speaking of
Zen, she is most likely speaking in terms of a totally different
tradition than I am. Hinduism has developed over the years to what it
is, accepting all religions/philosophies along the way. Ancient Zen
was not written down into a bible, the Koans came later. Therefore Zen
cannot be translated other than from quotes from Zen Masters, and
these quotes could differ in masters, traditions and cultures. What I
read about Zen may not be Zen as it was, but Zen as it is
translated/mistranslated as with the Christian Bible. Those who wrote
it, or at least as it has been suggested, did a little picking and
choosing as to what fit their prejudices or morals.

There would actually be no Zen as we can know it. The difference of
course would be the Koans do not offer ‘The Word’. The Koans are only
tools to enlightenment. Maybe this is why Hinduism accepts all
traditions, as there is no ‘True’ tradition. Truth is an illusion.

And, yes, Dan and Laird are having an excellent conversation. Due to
time (and/or limited intellect), I can only participate in one at a
time.

Chin