[MD] Chaos and Goldilocks

Case Case at iSpots.com
Sun Dec 10 12:57:07 PST 2006

[SA]
This is what I was hoping for in the way of clarification.  What do you mean
above, when you say, "Order is a subset of Chaos."?  Do you mean, chaos is
first, order second, in a linear concept?  Or do you mean chaos trumps
order?  Or do you mean chaos is more important of the two, and order just
happens to come around, as you state above, "Put simply if the universe were
totally chaotic, there is some probability that orderly states will occur."?
Or, do you also mean chaos is supreme to order?  None of the above, a mix,
or something out of what I said, might help guide you into what exactly I'm
saying needs clarified.

[Case]
I mean that Order is a subset of Chaos. If Chaos is the set of all
probability then Order is the set of persistent relationships within that
set. Order is a specific form of Chaos. We as creatures find the orderly
patterns. They are of no real significance as TITs.

Order is important to us because we have purpose and meaning in our lives
and Order is a feature of this. But there is no trumping going on. No
ranking other than what we assign. Assigning Value is something that occurs
in experience as the MoQ would have it.

Order is a form of Chaos. They are not two different things.

[Case]
> Metaphysic for me is a search for ideas that transcend any particular
disciple.

[SA]
Does this mean, all current disciples are unsatisfactory?

[Case]
No, why would you say that?