[MD] The MOQ's First Principle

Dan Glover daneglover at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 11 19:10:04 PST 2006

Hello everyone

>From: "Case" <Case at iSpots.com>
>To: <moq_discuss at moqtalk.org>
>Subject: Re: [MD] The MOQ's First Principle
>Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2006 19:48:10 -0500
>
>Dan,
>
>All I know is when I was a boy scout they told us if you ever get lost just
>stay where you are. Wandering around only gets you more lost. I don't know
>anything about this situation other than what you say and a few news
>flashes. The concept that just being outside could kill you is totally
>foreign to me. But if I were lost I would sit still as long as I could
>stand
>it like this guy did. If after a few days it started to look like no one
>was
>coming I would probably be unable to resist the temptation to leave the
>family and look for help. But I don't know this guy or what resources he
>had
>available. Like a map or a compass or a flare or whatever.

Hi Case
Let me get this right: you believe you would probably end up like this guy,
frozen to the bottom of a creek. Or would it be better to make the whole
ordeal into sort of an adventure by simply being prepared?

>But the future is not fated.

You are so sure!

>The greater the uncertainty of a situation the
>less likely any planned strategy is to work.

Maybe you live in an area where you really don't have to worry about
freezing to death. Still, if you happen to live in certain areas of the
country, you're going to be travelling in hazardous weather. Nothing
uncertain about that. So how does uncertainty apply in this situation?

>Chaos makes fools of us all.

How does chaos, being a state of utter confusion/disorder/formlessness, make
anything? Isn't that a contradiction? Perhaps it's better to say we make
fools of ourselves by not paying attention.  Attention defeats chaos hands
down.

Always a pleaure,

Dan