[MD] The MOQ's First Principle

Case Case at iSpots.com
Mon Dec 11 21:14:19 PST 2006

[Dan]
Let me get this right: you believe you would probably end up like this guy,
frozen to the bottom of a creek. Or would it be better to make the whole
ordeal into sort of an adventure by simply being prepared?

[Case]
I would try to hedge my bets and do what seemed reasonable at the time. It
sounds like that's what this guy did. Prepared? Prepared for what? The car
to break down? For a rock to fall on the car? Scouting aside preparation is
over rated.

> [Case]
>But the future is not fated.

[Dan]
You are so sure!

[Dan]
Yes.

[Case]
>The greater the uncertainty of a situation the less likely any planned
strategy is to work.

[Dan]
Maybe you live in an area where you really don't have to worry about
freezing to death. Still, if you happen to live in certain areas of the
country, you're going to be travelling in hazardous weather. Nothing
uncertain about that. So how does uncertainty apply in this situation?

[Case]
I don't know that the guy was unprepared. If he sat out in the cold for a
week before setting off on foot it sounds like he was pretty prepared. How
prepared does one need to be? Traveling around with a month's supply of food
in the truck seems a bit like over kill to me no matter where you live.

> [Case]
> Chaos makes fools of us all.

[Dan]
How does chaos, being a state of utter confusion/disorder/formlessness, make

anything? Isn't that a contradiction? Perhaps it's better to say we make
fools of ourselves by not paying attention.  Attention defeats chaos hands
down.

[Case]
Chance is a bitch. Call it anthropomorphizing if you will; it is still so.
Over preparation is called Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. Do you seriously
think you can prepare yourself against all the slings and arrows of
outrageous fortune? How do you find time to meditate with all that worry and
preparation going on?