[MD] Quantum Physics

Heather Perella spiritualadirondack at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 13 20:56:47 PST 2006

> Hi SA) Sorry for getting a bit confused on the
> replies. I looked, but
> missed this reply while rushing to get through the
> emails -- no
> excuse.

     That's fine.

> Chin) Suspending the ego would simply be
> recognizing, or building in
> yourself humility. It would be recognizing you do
> not know, any more
> than anyone else knows. The professor, preacher or
> friend, or even
> experience doesn’t offer knowledge, but only hints
> toward advancing
> your search for knowledge. And by knowledge, you
> can’t point to the
> levels and sq/DQ and call this knowledge. This is
> only a way of
> looking at things. The systematic understanding of
> MOQ is not Quality.
> It may be a quality understanding of how the world
> works, but Quality
> must be lived. The ego holds you back, as the more
> you develop the
> ego, the less you are capable of allowing dynamic
> quality in.

     Do you see knowledge as something to be emptied,
and as doing so, you become full?  Quality is not
systematic understanding, wouldn't that be sq, but
from what your saying quality, not just sq,
necessitates dq as well, therefore the static traps
won't get one stuck.  Empty sq and become more full is
the same as saying sq is here, but sq can easily
become that gets one stuck, so empty sq is emptying
ego, thereby one becomes full by including dq, and we
experience, thus, quality through and through without
the distractions.  Help me out on understanding this
one a bit more.  This is interesting.  Even the
knowledge versus experience aspect of what is quality?
 Could you clarify.

> Chin)
> Meditation, prayer in Christianity, is a form of
> purification. This is
> suspending the ego. It is the same the elders of the
> Native Americans
> did with the assistance of peyote. It is the same
> experience Timothy
> Leary went through with LSD, and Freud with cocaine.
> The Harvard
> projects Timothy Leary went through are probably
> close to what the
> elders of the Mazetec of Mexico went through, but it
> was a controlled
> setting, a controlled experiment for them. What came
> later with the
> hippies was without control or understanding.

     Control is necessary then?  The focus (control)
keeps one on the clear path of suspending ego, maybe?

     [Chin]
> You have to ask; What was it Leary and the Injuns
> experienced? Per the
> MOQ, this would be Quality. But then you have to
> ask; What is Quality?
> I would say Quality is the same as Nothingness of
> Ancient Zen, Dharma
> of the Hindus, Mother Earth of the Injuns, and Soul
> of the Christians.
> Yes, the children have this, prior to our taking it
> away from them;
> prior to our building logic and Aristotelian
> pointing at things as
> knowledge.

     yes, I definitely agree.  These built logics and
Aristotelian pointing at things become distractions.
Clutter in naming 'things', but these 'things',
gravity itself, is interesting to understand, but to
get caught up in these names, without going the next
step or following through with what we were doing all
along which is not just getting caught up in the name
gravity or numbers of gravity, but to experience this
gravity as well.  To not lose the beauty of Jupiter,
and be able to sit back, pull out the telescope and
just look, feel what we are seeing, and just enjoy -
to not get stuck on the sq.

> Chin) Agree.  The East is not immune to this “Church
> of Reason.” The
> cultures of China, Japan, India are all changing, as
> America has led
> the way with their success of Capitalism. Why do we
> go to school? --
> so we can be successful -- so we can get a better
> job, make lots of
> money! As a for instance, the martial arts schools
> of China are
> diminishing, giving way to schools that enlist ten
> thousand or more
> students each to learn the movements without any
> ‘Art’ or spirituality
> involved, just mechanical fighting, so they can work
> for the
> government -- be successful, get a job, make lots of
> money!

     It is all for society this way of being
successful you describe above.  It is forgetting
and/or not realizing the experience one's no-self is
involved.  Soon it is what 'they' think, not what 'I'
or 'family', think.  No-self is ultimately not just
'I', 'family', 'nation-state', etc...

     [Chin]
Consider you go to work five days a week, and you
concern yourself
with someone else not doing their job, someone else
making more money than you do, someone being favored
by the boss. These are all egoistic statements. If you
concern yourself with the job you do, this is
Quality; this is suspending the ego, and getting on
with your life.

-----
     So, true.  The politics at work can actually
drain the effort the residential placement facility is
set-up for - the residents.  The residents have enough
problems as it is, and to get caught up in power
relationships between staff, or how staff does
procedure this way or that, it's worth sitting back
and noticing that as long as the work is getting done,
people are staying calm, discipline is handed out when
necessary, then to get caught up in the 'background'
staff politics is just a waste of energy.  That makes
work even harder.

  [Chin]
We may not be the center of the universe, but we may
not be any less
important than the Sun, Saturn or the skin cell that
holds us
together.

--------
     So, so, true.  Some hold human consciousness to
such high regard, which is fine, sure, appreciation of
human intellect is to be, and to downplay human
enlightenment is to not give recognition where it is
deserved.  Yet, to somehow think that our
enlightenment is to boost our ego, and downplay
everything else in the universe to a meager position,
and to go on and on about human this, human intellect
that, human consciousness this, does what other than
boost the ego that misses out on consciousness itself.
 To boast human intellect and awareness is to actually
dim awareness, to do the opposite of what awareness
is.  Separation is the outcome, not consciousness.

     [Chin]
Wow! I’ve said so much without saying anything, but
I’ll leave it
here, as it is my thinking through it, so you can see
how I think.

-------

      I enjoyed your thinking through it.

two long days of work, 32 hours in two days, bedtime,
deep in the night is settling,
SA