[MD] Food for Thought

david buchanan dmbuchanan at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 14 06:27:11 PST 2006

Dan Glover said:
Some time ago an article appeared at NationalGeographic.com concerning a
mother gorilla, who during the course of her pregnancy suddenly developed a
rather nasty habit of kidnapping other gorilla babies from their gorilla
mothers, bashing their little gorilla heads against a rock, and eating the
baby gorilla brains as they dribbled out. ...The researcher who noted this
aberrant behavior also wrote (almost as an after thought) that the boy
gorilla she bore grew to be the most intelligent (by far) member of the
group, and a natural leader.

dmb says:
Ahhh. That makes sense. My mother employed the same method when she was
pregnant with me. Thanks to you, I now have an answer to the question that
has haunted me all my life; why are these gorrillas always following me
around?