[MD] Chaos

Heather Perella spiritualadirondack at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 14 08:36:52 PST 2006

     [Chin]
Scientifically produced antiscience...chaos.

     This really spurred reflection.  I wanted to jump
right into a response, but didn't know exactly how to
respond.  Here's a try.  Try, wasn't that also in the
post.  The more effort into scientific inquiry
produces more hypothesis.

     A story...
     Effort.  Trying to think.  Trying to think of
something.  Much is quiet.  Calm, peaceful, and
content.  Aware of the subtle wind blowing outside, I
see the tender branches moving on the leafless bushes.
 The tops of the trees are moving.  Should I question
this?  Should I try to see something, that feels, to
be here, but not readily known, as of yet, but I feel,
I sense something I can do which is notice something
about this earth with sky.  Should I dive into this
world, where I would need thoughts, hypothesis?
Surely it depends.  Surely it is whether I get caught
up, that is stuck, upon the thoughts, the hypothesis,
and not realizing the event these thoughts are apart
of.  To think these thoughts are only in ones head
would be unscientific.  To think these thoughts are
merely rocks, that is 'things' out there, would be
mindless.  So, what questions do I ask?  What is the
correct approach to all of this?  I go back to the
beginning of this story here.  Much is quiet, yet, an
effort to think.  Calm, peaceful, and content, subtle
wind, these are words, these are experiences, this is
an event trying to describe much, not just narrowing
it down to this or that, but to include what calm and
peaceful feelings, quiet, thinking, subtle wind, what
it takes for all of this to happen.  Much has to not
only be thought, but allowed to be humbly taken in.
Awareness is a good measure of what's missing or not.
Calmness, as well.  Stress (tension) is a current
measuring stick, too.

     Here's a question, that for me is answered, but I
wouldn't mind responses that are not tainted by my
answer.  I want to see what others think on their own,
without, as they say in the courtroom, leading the
witness.  Is chaos and impermanence the same?  And
what this might mean?

not a cloud, not a cloud,
SA