[MD] Chaos and Goldilocks

Heather Perella spiritualadirondack at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 14 10:35:44 PST 2006

Hi DM

     [SA previously]
> >     First off, I don't think you mean disciple,
> maybe
> > discipline?  If you did mean the former, then I
> was
> > thrown off by the comment.  If you do mean
> discipline,
> > then by metaphysics, your saying it is trying to
> > transcend.  Transcend is to get away from, or
> beyond.
> > What is metaphysics trying to get beyond?  If
> > metaphysics is always trying to get away,
> transcend,
> > and go beyond, when will metaphysics be satisfied?

> DM: Do we not transcend experience every time
> our experience changes? We sit still and things
> change.  We leave the room and transcend it.  We see
things
> differently and reveal another transcendence?

     Obviously, to the both of us, it is this word
transcend.  Hmmm, transcend, thinkin'...
     This is closer to what I'm viewin', especially
when that word comes up, and how I'm relating what I
think transcend means, to what I'm actually
experiencing.  I'm not caught in transcendence, as in
beyond any experience.  That's how I view the meaning
of transcendence (as something beyond the here and
now).  Yes, we experience changes, and yet, I'm
immanent, that is, here and now, always.  This is not
a strict perspective that is trying to invalidate past
and future.  I've experienced those, too.  Yet, it is
that those are being experienced in the here and now.
Discontinuity occurs, and I notice past and future
compared to the here and now, but it is here and now
that I'll be able to differentiate past and future.
So, I didn't want to get trapped into transcendence
meaning something I've yet to experience and something
I've yet to settle upon (the unsatisfactory aspect I
brought up).  We are as you state above:  "see(ing)
things differently and reveal another transcendence".
I agree with this, when transcendence means, something
happening now and always, and thus, not too exciting,
not too boring - it is as it is, but new.

     Is this making any sense?

thanks.

baby is cryin', dog scratchin', leaves just rolled
over,
SA