[MD] Chaos

David M davidint at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Dec 14 12:09:14 PST 2006

William Blake:

The tree which moves some to tears of joy is in the Eyes of others only a
Green thing that stands in the way. Some See Nature all Ridicule &
Deformity, & by these I shall not regulate my proportions; & some Scarce see
Nature at all. But to the Eyes of the Man of Imagination, Nature is
Imagination itself. As a man is, So he Sees. As the Eye is formed, such are
its Powers. You certainly Mistake, when you say that the Visions of Fancy
are not to be found in This World. To Me This World is all One continued
Vision of Fancy or Imagination.

Martin Heidegger:

How are we going to find our famous particulars, the individual trees

as such, as trees; how shall we be able even to look for trees, unless the
representation of what a tree in general is shines before us?.

Unless we are guided by a developed knowledge of treeness. we can look over
thousands of trees in vain

-we shall not see the tree for the trees

David M