[MD] Food for Thought

Heather Perella spiritualadirondack at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 16 16:14:37 PST 2006

     [Case]
> Further more the idea that a higher level can subdue
> or subvert a lower
> level for any length of time is absurd. The higher
> level depends totally on
> stability at the lower level. Higher levels are
> disrupted or out right
> destroyed by imbalance at the lower level. Big rocks
> fall out of the sky
> pushing reset on biology. Hurricanes wipe out a
> city. Viruses mutate and
> disrupt social relationships. It just doesn't work
> the other way around.

     This is one point that dmb, Arlo, Ian, and you
(Case) seem to be revolving around and debating - the
direction.  Case, you state above it doesn't work the
other way around.  Yet, cities are built by societies
that remove all biology from before its' circling
path.  I also agree with what you state above.
Hurricanes wipe out a city.  Direction is not the
sticking point that is to be in accord with these
levels.  Direction goes both ways, and evolution can
happen within levels.  Direction crosses over
distinctive levels, so, direction isn't helping in
providing distinction.  Direction is removing
distinction and just showing how the levels transact
and overlap during evolution.  Pirsig states, a moral
intellect is to help society.  Society is a foundation
for intellect.  Ok, but what of this distinction.
     Ideas are to circulate within society.  Ideas are
intellectual, but may streamline into society.  Do
ideas quit being ideas upon the intellectual level,
and become ideas that are now strictly social level
units?  What is an idea strictly upon the social
level?  It seems that ideas no matter where they are,
are ideas, something intellectual, even if society
uses them.  That would be an intellectual society.  A
society involved morally with an intellect that is
helping.  Is this it?  If we get into which ideas help
society, well, that depends upon societies acceptance,
right?  Ideas may help or not help, society still
chooses, as long as society notices code of art,
dynamic morality, which is an intellectual latch upon
nothing, thus, nothing (dynamic quality) is shining
through intellect(s) and society is accepting this
help, in which dq is accepted.

ate that food cookin' on the stove, full and tired
now,
SA