[MD] Social Imposition ?

Case Case at iSpots.com
Mon Dec 18 08:01:15 PST 2006

[Case]
When we are talking about a collective consciousness are we talking about a
psychic friends hotline here or language? Do we need ESP or elementary
education to access it?

[Arlo]
I'd say we "access it" by virtue of enculturation. An infant left on a
deserted island who survives to adulthood would not be part of the
interdialogic collective, or would not be part of the collective
consciousness.

[Case]
Ok I will by that one. I think Dewey's view of education is close to
enculturation. I would added the language and writing cause exponential
growth in the scope of the collective consciousness.