[MD] Social Imposition ?

Case Case at iSpots.com
Tue Dec 19 06:11:20 PST 2006

[Platt]
I wonder who first made markings on bones.

[Case]
What possible difference could this make?

[Platt]
Just because the first persons involved in the long history of writing are
unknown doesn't make it "multicultural."

[Case]
Since writing seems to have developed independently in various parts of the
world and since nothing defines a culture so much as its language I am
sticking with multicultural.

[Platt]
Didn't you in a post some time back reject Pirsig's explanation of
evolution? Anyway, I don't find anything about "equilibrium" in Pirsig's
explanation. Here you talk about "systems" as scientists do.

[Case]
I have definitely reacted against Pirsig's dumbed down version expressed in
chapter 11. What about equilibrium and systems talk bothers you?