[MD] Social Imposition ?

Arlo Bensinger ajb102 at psu.edu
Tue Dec 19 13:42:43 PST 2006

[David M]
I say: yes and no too. Is not what we mean by SQ the removal of DQ.
Do not cells in their cellness (a type not an individual) behave in a
uniform way as non-individuals, repeating, predictable, law-like SQ?

[Arlo]
I don't think of SQ as a "removal" of DQ, but rather as a latch to
preserve evolutionary gains. Cells behave as cells should at their
level of perception and repertoire of response. Place a cell near a
spot of acid and it will pull away, a response to DQ.

[David M]
Cells with DQ become cancers? The dark side of DQ perhaps?

[Arlo]
Individual cancer cells are acting out of what they perceive as
"good" from their level of perception and response. We see them as
"bad" because they disrupt the collective movement to form
higher-level individual patterns.

[David M]
We all know there is emergence and dis-emergence.

[Arlo]
Oh, not all of us. :-)