[MD] Social Imposition ?

ARLO J BENSINGER JR ajb102 at psu.edu
Tue Dec 19 17:03:52 PST 2006

[Chin]
Would it help to say the intellectual patterns is what creates the need for the
biological patterns to evolve beyond natural evolution?

[Arlo]
I'm not sure what you mean "evolve beyond natural evoultion". Are you asking if
our physical bodies are being altered by the social patterns in which we
engage, which recently have been goverened by intellectual patterns, then I'd
say "sure". Although I haven't seen any large changes, I think upper level
activity influences lower level patterns.

[Chin]
Now consider the individuals living in New York City. It would be the
intellectual patterns needed to survive in New York City that would require the
biological patterns to evolve.

[Arlo]
I might go along with this, to a point, and keeping in mind that society
mediates intellectual and biological patterns.

[Chin]
What would this mean in collectivism? Would the universal energy that runs
through all of us bring the religious cult up to the same intellectual level as
the New Yorkers? Would the newborn children’s brains evolve to the level of
the newborns in New York?

[Arlo]
Interestingly, there is enormous evidence to suggest that certain "advances"
were achieved at more-or-less simultaneuous times across the planet. Case
mentions writing. A personal interest of mine is megalithic construction. But
in the time frame you are talking, and regarding very specific patterns, I'd
say "no". To be sure, the "island tribe" has their own mythos, and it is from
that mythos that their intellectual patterns emerge (or don't emerge).

[Chin]
The limits of a collective mind would simply be the degree of intellectual
stimulation experienced throughout the lifetime of the culture in which the
generations have been exposed to. The universal mind would assure basic skills
for all, but some will develop beyond that of others.

[Arlo]
Okay.

[Chin]
This development would be due to the social, or better stated, intellectual
stimulus of the environment in which these individuals live.

[Arlo]
I think I agree with you, Chin. But part of me isn't sure. Can you explain this
a bit more?