[MD] Social Imposition ?

PhaedrusWolff at carolina.rr.com PhaedrusWolff at carolina.rr.com
Tue Dec 19 17:33:06 PST 2006

> [Chin]
> What would this mean in collectivism? Would the universal energy
> that runs
> through all of us bring the religious cult up to the same
> intellectual level as
> the New Yorkers? Would the newborn children’s brains evolve to the
> level of
> the newborns in New York?
>
> [Arlo]
> Interestingly, there is enormous evidence to suggest that certain
> "advances"were achieved at more-or-less simultaneuous times across
> the planet. Case
> mentions writing. A personal interest of mine is megalithic
> construction. But
> in the time frame you are talking, and regarding very specific
> patterns, I'd
> say "no". To be sure, the "island tribe" has their own mythos, and
> it is from
> that mythos that their intellectual patterns emerge (or don't
> emerge).

Hi Arlo,

This would be in the early stages of evolvement. The "island tribe"
would be subject to religious beliefs more proportional in their
intellect compared to the intellect of those in more developed
countries, free thinking countries. The "island tribe" would still
benefit from the universal mind of humanity, but most likely not much
more.

> [Chin]
> The limits of a collective mind would simply be the degree of
> intellectualstimulation experienced throughout the lifetime of the
> culture in which the
> generations have been exposed to. The universal mind would assure
> basic skills
> for all, but some will develop beyond that of others.
>
> [Arlo]
> Okay.
>
> [Chin]
> This development would be due to the social, or better stated,
> intellectualstimulus of the environment in which these individuals
> live.
>
> [Arlo]
> I think I agree with you, Chin. But part of me isn't sure. Can you
> explain this
> a bit more?

Chin) The collective mind you speak of would be relevant to the
intellectual stimulus which allows evolution of the brain, the
individual brains of a collection of individuals who might make up a
community or culture. The collective mind of New York would be more
advanced than the collective mind of the "island tribe," or even that
of a textile town here in the Southeast (NC, SC). In New York, the
citizens would be exposed to a more stimulating intellect. Here in the
South, there are towns built around textile mills, in which the
general understanding was the children go as far as they can in
school, then go to work in the textile mills. Even housing was
supplied by the textile owners. It was an easy way of life, but not
much stimulation of the intellect.

In these areas, the majority of children in school fail to score at
grade level on the standardized tests. This may be because the relaxed
brains of the mothers and fathers offered little need for evolving
brains of the children.

This is not the best example I could come up with, but one I am well
familiar with, as I live here, and have seen the effects on the
children who are expected to perform as well as those children who
have come from generations exposed to higher intellectual stimulus.