[MD] Food for Thought

pholden at davtv.com pholden at davtv.com
Wed Dec 20 15:47:10 PST 2006

Quoting Dan Glover <daneglover at hotmail.com>:

> Dan comments:
> Elegance and beauty would seem to have little in common with scientific
> rigor yet the result of scientific rigor is often elegant and beautiful.
> That would seem to be Dynamic Quality shining through.
>

> >coffee, sirus new age music, baby sleepin',
>
> steaming cup of tea, Lyle Lovett, cats napping,

Thanks too for the Pirsig quotes. Not sure that Pirsig's attempt to explain the
intellectual level will go far in settling arguments about it, but I like his
identifying the term "intellectual" as a social level title, and his assertion
that "every intellectual pattern is social." I would argue that some or a lot
more social than others. But, most of all I appreciated your reminding us of
the central importance to the MOQ of "elegance" and "beauty," something
our science-bedazzled friends recognize as real but can't explain.

frosty glass of ice tea, the Mills Brothers, cat purring