[MD] Food for Thought

Case Case at iSpots.com
Thu Dec 21 13:02:08 PST 2006

SA,

I guess my point was that we often focus on the needs of the moment at the
expense of the future. Sometimes because we don't know any better. Sometimes
because we don't care or are just stupid, like burning fossil fuels.

Case

-----Original Message-----
From: moq_discuss-bounces at moqtalk.org
[mailto:moq_discuss-bounces at moqtalk.org] On Behalf Of Heather Perella
Sent: Wednesday, December 20, 2006 10:40 AM
To: moq_discuss at moqtalk.org
Subject: Re: [MD] Food for Thought

> [SA previously]
> Sure, and as you point out, some ideas degenerate
> society, such as the idea to cut down all the trees
> on
> Easter Island.  Whoever thought it would be best to
> do
> so, didn't think ahead, and to what this thought,
> when
> implemented, would do to its' society.
>
> [Case]
> When you are cold or hungry it is kind of hard to
> tell it that is the last
> Lorax tree or the second to the last, huh?
> ...a 60 cycle hum drowns the chirping of what could
> be crickets in white
> noise...

     On Easter Island, it was the thought that was
implementing these trees to be cut.  Then the trees
were mostly all cut.  Society was in a panic, so, the
people took up a new challenge between the clans.
Climb down the cliff, swim to an island, bring back an
egg across the water, up the cliff, and back where
they started.  Took a year to train for this.  This
idea put into practice detracted attention from the
in-fighting on the island.  They no longer used trees
in helping build those big statues.  Isn't really
cold, and they didn't eat trees on Easter Island.  As
for the Lorax tree, that was for clothes that the
owner convinced everybody that lorax was necessary.
You know, last chance to get a lorax shirt, and the
business took off from there.  But, that's a cartoon,
interesting message, and such though.

bright blue, heavy frost still lingering,
SA