[MD] In the drink

Horse horse at darkstar.uk.net
Thu Dec 21 17:45:55 PST 2006

Mark

I have asked you twice so far I and am asking for the third and final
time to stop posting allegations against Anthony. If you continue to do
so then you will leave me no choice but to moderate your contributions
to MD. I do not want to do this but I will if you continue.
And before Glenn Bradford and various others start whooping and
hollering and declaring me censorious and whatever, this does not mean
that you will be banned or removed from the list. You will be free to
post on other subjects as you wish as long as you don't repeat the abuse
that you have already subjected others to.

Squonkonguitar at aol.com wrote:
> Mark
>
> I asked you just a few days ago not to post anymore regarding  the
> dispute between Anthony and yourself but I see you've ignored my  request.
> Both yourself and Anthony need to stop this now and resort to the  proper
> channels to sort it out - i.e. the University.
> MD is not the  appropriate place to continue a discussion of this sort so
> once again I am  asking both of you not to submit any more posts
> regarding this  matter.
>
> Thanks
>

> Horse
>
> Hi Horse,
> I'm to be gagged am i?

No, as you are quite aware. You are entirely free to privately
communicate whatever and whenever to whomever you please regarding your
allegations about Anthony. I cannot and would not try to stop you. You
have already done so in a private posting to several members of this
list - and at least one so far has asked not to be included. I have
repeatedly stated, as have others, that what you are doing is
inappropriate and as such I do not want it to continue. Your allegations
are serious and if you had the courage of your apparent convictions you
would take it to the appropriate authorities and deal with it officially
instead of slinging mud and hoping some of it sticks.

> McWatt finding it all a bit inconvenient is he?

Not as far as I'm aware.

> But soft, what about this voice thingy?
> Is this not a legitimate philosophical area of enquiry?
> Does our rhetoric not contribute to modes of identity?
>
> McWatt thinks so, and i agree with him in this regard.
>
> You may like to know that the Philosophy department at the University of
> Liverpool is pioneering computer software which aims to identify plagiarism in
> the work of undergraduate students.
> I suspect it works equally well at the doctoral level!
> For a laugh, i'm tempted to ask the Philosopher running the experiment to
> compare two pieces of work and see what the computer software makes of it?

Well, there you go then. The appropriate channels are, or may be, open
to you. Do you have the bottle to make use of them? It would have saved
a lot of time and aggravation had you done so from the start.

Cheers

Horse