[MD] Social Imposition ?

pholden at davtv.com pholden at davtv.com
Fri Dec 22 06:11:18 PST 2006

Quoting Case <Case at iSpots.com>:

> [Case]
> You are condemning science for not answering questions it doesn't ask.
> Condemning it for not asking would be more appropriate, that's what Pirsig
> does. But Pirsig is not attempting anything nearly as ambitious as the
> project of science. It is naïve to think he offers a fuller explanation. To
> the extent that he does however, he does not attack the validity of science
> rather he proposes a refinement in how science is viewed.

I didn't mean to leave the impression that I condemn or attack the validity of
science, but simply to point out its limitations. Above the biological level it
has little to offer. On the other hand, Pirsig offers an explanation of our
total experience. To believe that science has a monopoly on truth is to make
it another fundamentalist religion.